Isn't it funny to hear how many of us look through the mini Boden catalog for inspiration?!
Don't be too impressed,though. It wasn't much of a challenge because I am a Butterick Sew Easy B5119 veteran and have made this enough times to know exactly how to modify it to get what I wanted.
My biggest complaint with that original pattern is that the recommended allowance for neckline elastic is crazy long. I almost cut mine down by a half.
Anyway, take a gander at the inspiration photo:
And the B5119/ 1 hour result:
A fair comparison, in my book. :)
- Fine Whale Corduroy from Joann's, marked down 50%. I used about a yard.
- Butterick, Sew-Easy, B5119 (it's a nightgown pattern)
- Omitted ruffles
- shortened sleeve length to the gather line + turned fabric for casing and elastic.
- length is approx between the A and B views.
- I always mark the back with some ribbon. This one is easy to get turned around while dressing a squirmer!
- That is my old jewelry box. When I was 5, I wrote my name on the bottom. The ballerina still works. I love this photo of Rachel's.
OK. That's it. On to my next challenge.
I'm curious. How many of you are doing this same thing? From the sound of the comments for my last post, there are quite a few. I'd love to start a mini Boden rip-off flickr group. :) hee.