Thanks for all the duvet love. It's just further proof that there is no end to what you can do with vintage linens.
What, you need more proof? Okay, here goes.
This little skirt I made from thrifted kitchen cafe curtain panels. The daisies were actually on a diagonal cut, but I was able to make wide enough rectangles on the bias to pull together a basic loop.
It was already finished with a roll hem, but I thought it was still a little sheer to wear alone. So I added a second tier from a basic white pillowcase (another thrift score), stitched them together at the top and added a simple casing for the elastic. The ric-rac was a last minute addition, too.
This second one is more basic. I cut it to the desired length, made a casing for the elastic and called it done.
And then decided to add some lacy trim over the pillowcase hem line, so it isn't so obvious. I love the print on this one.
So that's it. About $3 for two skirts, excluding the trim and elastic I had on hand. And about an hour of work. Those are my kind of projects.