I have some totally unsexy things to take care of
before I log on today.
- Change sheets
- Mop bathroom floor
- Work that pays the bills
Totally unexciting chores and I am quite ready to get them done. I look forward to Mondays so I can attack these and get on with my week. And new projects.
Like this, for instance:
This is reality, folks. It's my powder room. We've lived here for 4 years and it's the smallest room in the house. And I have yet to paint it. For a number of reasons.
- The walls have roller lint stuck into the paint all over them. Previous Owners did not like to use decent rollers. So we need to sand.
- The walls are really really dark. So we need goooood primer.
- The walls have, like, 40 nail holes in them and need serious patchwork. So we need to sand. Again.
- The trim (including the crown molding, see below) is all a dark stain, that also needs to be primed and painted. Doesn't match any other room in our house. Or its own doorjam. I guess this was the fancy room. Whatever!
- The light switches and other 'bathroom jewlery', like faucets, light, towel bar and flusher handle(!), are all brass. Just not my thing.
So for a little room, there is a lot to do. The good points? Nice pedistal sink. Nice tile floor. And, um -- no, that's about it.
Stay tuned. Things are gonna get all kinds of messy up in there.