On Saturday we were an hour into Fidget's birthday party when the doorbell rang.
Our miniswap parcel had arrived from Ali and her boys in England!
I cannot tell you how fun it was to explain to our merry little group what this was all about -- and then add that pretty package (can you see that cool flowered packing tape?) to our pile of presents and save it for last. What fun!
Ali and her boys were so generous.
First of all, her 7 year old son, Mark, wrote the sweetest (and most entertaining) letter to our girls telling them all about his school and friends and goldfish. Very, very cute.
Ali enclosed a note to me saying how they decided to send all the makings for a perfect tea... and wow, did they ever.
Ali even made my eldest an apron - which she modeled with delight. Poor thing borrows mine all the time and was thrilled to have one of her own. ?? Why has this escaped me for so long?
And if I can get Fidget to stand still long enough, I'm going to try on the sweet little smocket Ali made, and was thoughtful enough to send a couple vintage buttons in case it was too small to tie!
There was so much in the box...
- A cupcake cookbook, which has already been studied by big sister
- A 'Duck' book (a character we adore... and we didn't have this one in our collection)
- A Magic Paint book (just use water!) And paint brushes. Love these.
- Cupcake decorations
- Hippo Biscuits for tea time (Mark and Johnny's fave)
- Hama bead coasters for our tea cups
- petit fours paper cups
- And more? Yes, it seemed to go on forever. They even included a little striped bag with lipglosses and girly stuff for big sister, but I think those have been stashed in a backpack already. I can't find them!
Thank you Ali, Mark and Johnny! It was all wonderful. We hope you receive your package soon and enjoy it just as much. xoxoxo
[ Want to see more miniswap photos? >>> Follow me to the flickr group ]